Topic of Interest: #SCDF (544 Articles Found)

Filter
  • Filter Articles By

  • Date Range

  • Categories

    • Select Category

  • Articles

    • Select Type of Articles

  • Authors

    • Select Author

‘Their house was smoking’: Man puts out fire in neighbour’s flat after they left the stove on

A middle-aged man had retired early for the night last Thurs when his children awoke him sometime after 8pm saying there was smoke coming out of their neighbour’s house. “They said their house was smoking, so I rushed…

‘Several’ fire safety violations found during probe of 2018 Pulau Busing oil storage tank fire: SCDF

SCDF said it discovered “several” fire safety infringements during investigations into an intense oil storage tank fire that happened on Pulau Busing in 2018. “These comprised two breaches relating to the storage of flammable liquid in the affected…

Puppies rescued from fire at pet store at Upper Thomson Road

Puppies were rescued by firefighters early Sat morning after a fire broke out in a pet store in Upper Thomson Road. SCDF was alerted at about 1.15am on Sat to a fire at 197 Upper Thomson Road. Firefighters…

Family of 4 escape fire at Kovan home; no injuries reported

A fire broke out on Sun morning at a private housing estate in Kovan, forcing a family of four to flee their home. A spokesman for SCDF said on Mon that it was alerted to the fire at…

Tree branch falls on car in Tiong Bahru, injuring driver

A tree branch fell onto a car on Mon at the junction of Tiong Bahru and Lower Delta roads, injuring the driver, who was taken to hospital. ST understands that the driver did not suffer any major injuries.…

PAB, PMD fires down to 68 last year but concerns remain

When the battery of his PAB exploded in his bedroom on July 22 last year, Mr Adam had fortunately gone to the toilet. “I was very lucky that day… If God did not help me, I would have…

Man stuck in drain, with water up to his chest, at hiking trail along BKE rescued by SCDF officers

A man was found stuck in a drain – with water up to his chest – at a hiking trail along the BKE near Mandai Road on Sun. He was later pulled out by officers from the DART…

Driver, 62, rams into 5 motorcycles, crashes into pillar at HDB void deck in Hougang

A 62-year-old driver lost control of his vehicle at a HDB car park in Hougang, ramming into five stationary motorcycles before crashing into a void deck pillar on Sun morning. SPF said on Mon that they were alerted…

SCDF rescues girl trapped on top of playground structure at Pasir Ris Park

A girl found herself stuck after climbing to the top of a playground structure at Pasir Ris Park on Sat evening. In a video clip circulating on social media, she was seen sitting on the roof of the…

Chinatown Point shoppers, workers evacuated after fire breaks out at luxury bag store

Shoppers and store employees at Chinatown Point were evacuated from the mall on Fri morning after a fire broke out at a luxury bag store. A property operations staff member at the mall was taken to SGH for…

48-year-old woman dies after fire at densely packed Ang Mo Kio flat

A 48-year-old woman has died after a fire broke out in a densely packed HDB flat in Ang Mo Kio on Fri morning. Her 20-year-old son was also hurt. SCDF said in a FB post that it was…

10 people, including 3 children, hurt in fire at Whampoa flat

Ten people, including three children, were injured after a fire broke out at a flat in Whampoa on Sun morning. “They had sustained injuries and smoke inhalation as a result of the fire,” said SCDF in a FB…

Lift technician dies after being trapped in shaft of Chan Brothers Building

A 29-year-old lift technician, who was trapped in the shaft of the Chan Brothers Building along North Bridge Road, died on Sat. The Bangladeshi was carrying out repair work on the top of a lift car when it…

8 people suffer burns after ‘loud explosion’ at Tuas industrial building

Eight people were taken to a hospital with burns on Wed, following what witnesses say was a “loud explosion” at an industrial building in Tuas. SCDF said it responded to a fire at 32E Tuas Ave 11 at…

Fire breaks out at HDB flat in Jalan Bukit Merah, 2 injured

A fire broke out at a HDB flat in Jalan Bukit Merah on Tues, resulting in two injuries. In a FB post, SCDF said they were alerted at 6.50am to a fire at a 7th floor unit at…

Fire breaks out at Sunville condo near Bendemeer

About 100 people self-evacuated from a condominium near Bendemeer after a fire broke out there on Wed evening SCDF said that it was alerted to the fire at 22 St Michael’s Road at about 7pm. That is the…

Power-assisted bicycle fires double in 2020 even as overall fire incidents dip: SCDF

The number of PAB-related fires doubled in 2020, SCDF said on Fri in what it called an “area of concern”. There were 26 PAB-related fires in 2020, up from 13 the year before, annual statistics released by SCDF…

Fire breaks out in office at Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital, no injuries reported

A fire broke out in a third-floor office at Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital (KWSH) in Serangoon Road on Tues night. SCDF said that it was alerted to the incident at about 8.25pm and the fire was extinguished using…

Developers, builders need to uphold construction quality standards

The letter by forum contributor Eveline Tu resonated strongly with my experience of buying a strata-titled property. The property I purchased, located in the east, received its TOP around late 2015. The developer and main contractor are relatively…

Fire at Choa Chu Kang coffee shop involved kitchen exhaust duct: SCDF

Fire broke out at a Choa Chu Kang coffee shop on Thurs morning, said SCDF. It was alerted to the fire at Blk 787B Choa Chu Kang Drive at about 10.45am. Around 50 people had self-evacuated by the…

6 people rescued, about 100 Punggol condominium residents evacuated after fire: SCDF

Six people were rescued and about 100 Waterwoods condominium residents were evacuated after a fire “fully engulfed” a bedroom, said SCDF on Sat. SCDF was alerted to a fire at Blk 19 Punggol Field Walk at about 11.25am…

SCDF extinguishes fire at restaurant at Boon Keng HDB block. Same premises hit by blaze in 2018

A fire broke out at Ban Heng restaurant at the void deck of a HDB flat in Boon Keng on Mon — the second fire at the premises in less than three years. SCDF said that they were…

E-bike catches fire while charging in Yishun flat, 1 person taken to hospital

One person was taken to hospital with burn injuries after a fire broke out in a Yishun flat on Sat morning. SCDF said it responded to a fire in a fourth-floor unit at Blk 424A Yishun Ave 11…

Nearly 140 workplace safety breaches uncovered at waste recycling companies: MOM

MOM said on Fri that it had uncovered close to 140 WSH contraventions at waste recycling companies during an enforcement operation. Dubbed Ops Bowerbird, the targeted operation was launched last month with the support of SCDF. More than…

Workers saved after being stranded 20 storeys above ground on gondola

Two workers were rescued by SCDF after their gondola tilted to one side – leaving them stranded 20 storeys above ground for almost an hour. SCDF said they received a call for “height rescue assistance” at Blk 105…

Live-streamed arrest: Netizens watch as police break into Yishun apartment to arrest man who threw killer litter

The internet watched with bated breath as several police officers forced their way into a man’s apartment along Yishun Ave 5, while officers from SCDF rappled outside the building. The 45-year-old man, who had allegedly thrown two glass…

8 people taken to hospital after fire at condominium construction site in West Coast

Eight people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a construction site at 105 West Coast Vale on Tues morning. SCDF said it was alerted to the fire at about 10.40am.…

2 taken to hospital after fire at Somerset MRT station involving locomotive train

Two people were taken to hospital after a fire broke out at Somerset MRT station in the early hours of Fri, said SCDF. It said that at about 12.45am on Fri, it was alerted to the fire at…

Suicide scare: Yishun woman locks self in flat after landlord asks her to move out

Relocating can be a stressful process. But one woman took it especially hard when her landlord asked her to move out, culminating in her arrest after a four-hour stand-off. The 47-year-old woman was arrested under the Mental Health…

Worker dies from injuries three days after Mandai factory fire

A man died after suffering severe burns from a fire at a scrap metal factory in Mandai last week. Mr Wang Hai Tao, 50, was injured in the fire at 228A Mandai Estate last Thurs and was rushed…

Sign In to Bookmark This Story

Sign In with Google